The Ministry of Regional Development tries to emphasize in every forum that it is essential to involve local organizations and knowledge centers in the planning work. To strengthen this aspiration, it enters into strategic agreements with partners who can make a substantial contribution to the development of the country.
In this context, on January 24, 2023, Tibor Navracsics, minister responsible for territorial development and the use of EU funds, signed a strategic partnership agreement with the president of the Pannon EGTC, dr. László Őri. Pursuant to the agreement, the Minister requests the opinion of the Pannon EGTC in the preparation, amendment and review of legislation related to the following areas:
- regional development
- within the framework of strategic planning, primarily the development of territorial development concepts and programs that are geographically and professionally affected
- developing proposals and frameworks for increasing efficiency in relation to the use of European Union funds and the implementation of operational programs
- contributing to encouraging the use of direct European Union funds by Hungarian actors
- participation in the implementation of the winning tender program of the European Capital of Culture 2023 Veszprém, and in tasks related to future European Capital of Culture tenders
- professional cooperation in expanding the development policy and European Union knowledge of those working in the local government sector, in the presentation of effective territorial development experiences and aspects, among the continuing education opportunities of those working in the public sector